More Information

Neuadd History

The Neuadd (Hall) is the name of our Farmhouse – a style of house that centres on a large halled living area and fireplace. The Neuadd was built around the end of the reign of Henry VIII and appears to have been for a wealthy farmer. There are several original features still in place including a inglenook fireplace, large chimney and oak spiral staircase. One small window has original oak shutters (there would have been no glass in the windows originally).

In Georgian times the house was roughly doubled in size resulting in a house that is half Tudor and half Georgian.

Most local people refer to the site as "The Stables" or "The Stables Hotel". It has also been known as The Mountain Hotel and Ty Neuadd. As The Stables from the 1950's to 1990's it was a riding school and hotel (our kitchen was the bar of the hotel). The owners led rides all over the Brecon Beacons. We have guests that used to stay in the hotel.

The conversion back to a private home and the conversion of the barns into holiday cottages took place around 2002. We moved here in early 2012 and love the place, the views, the bird song and the proximity to so many special places. Every visitor comments on the fantastic views and terrific location.



The Neuadd Holiday Cottagesmountains

Walkers WelcomeCyclists welcome4 star self catering logoambassador-logo2facebookwifi
Cumbria Web Designer at Think Graphics